Nature Walks at Great Glen
Join an Appalachian Mountain Club Outdoor Guide for a natural history program at Great Glen Outdoor Center. Programs are family friendly.
July 15 10:00am-12:00pm - SOLD OUT
Pond Exploration – Giant Toe Biters and Waterboatmen
We see animals on the surface of the water first, but most of the pond’s life mysteries lie beneath the surface. We’ll dip with nets to discover the variety of amazing creatures that live in the water.
Aug 19 10:00am-12:00pm - SOLD OUT
Animals of the Glen
Who calls this place home? We’ll look for sign of animals that live in the forest, field and wetlands around the Great Glen Trails. From toad to beaver, black bear and moose. We’ll discuss habitat needs and food sources while looking for signs of which animals have been active in the area.
- Walks typically cover 1-1.5 miles of easy to occasionally moderate walking trails.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress appropriately for the weather.
- No special equipment is needed, but feel free to bring field guides, a hand lens and/or a camera.
- Held rain or shine (may be canceled in severe weather or at Staffs’ discretion).
- Children need to be accompanied by an adult.
Adults: $12 per person
Kids under 12 and under free