Climb aboard the Mt. Washington SnowCoach for a truly unforgettable adventure to an extreme world!
Located at the base of the Mt. Washington Auto Road in scenic Pinkham Notch, New Hampshire, Great Glen Trails Outdoor Center offers winter activities and events for families, friends and groups of all ages.
From cross country skiing, snowshoeing and snow tubing, to winter tours on the Mt. Washington SnowCoach, family-owned Great Glen Trails has become a true White Mountain classic.
We groom over 20 kilometers of trails and have an additional 25 kilometers of ungroomed off-track ski and snowshoe trails. We rent high quality equipment including skis, boots, and poles along with snowshoes and fatbikes. Our top-notch Ski School offers the best instruction for beginners to advanced skiers. Visit the Outfitters shop to get the best advice and gear for your winter adventures.
WHAT SETS US APART?
- Grooming —Impeccable daily grooming on 28k of rolling terrain when snow conditions permit
- Base Lodge—Hang out in our base lodge with dedicated wax room, lockers, and a cozy fireplace in the dining room
- Views—Unique location in Pinkham Notch provides spectacular views into to the Great Gulf Wilderness and the White Mountains
- Staff—Chat with our friendly and knowledgeable staff about ski conditions, the latest gear and ski technology, and daily wax recommendations. Ask for Nordic Nate for the most entertaining ski poetry!
Our amenities are among the top reasons to visit Great Glen Trails:
- Ski School—Led by Olympian Sue Wemyss, our Ski School offers the highest quality instruction for beginners and experts alike
- Rental Equipment—We rent top-notch Cross Country Skis, Snowshoes, and Fatbikes!
- Outfitters Shop—Top-notch brands, selection, and knowledge. We are known throughout the region as one of the best Nordic ski shops around.
- Heated Trailside Cabins—Bring a thermos of hot chocolate and visit the Great Angel or Cadiddlehopper Cabin for a respite while out on the trails.
- Glen House Hotel—Energy efficient trailside lodging built in 2018 is the perfect local for a mountain retreat
- EV Charging Stations—Charge your electric vehicle while you ski! Standard EV and Tesla charging ports available.